Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Abbott

82 posts in this topic

The games moved on light years re fitness and sports science and league players are some of the fittest sportsmen around. ibsee that fist hand as we get plenty of RL players at our gym in the close season

Recently the Australian RFL have announced they'll be reducing the number of interchanges (substitutions) in the game as the players are so strong that there are too many high energy impacts on the field, and they hope that giving them less breaks will tire them out and reduce the damage they do hitting each other.  That's not just size, it's raw power.  When I watch old 2nd division rugby in the 90s the players would be in the bar after the game knocking back the pints, they were big but nothing like 'professional' sportsmen.  Last year I saw three (what looked like) South Sea Islanders in Salford Red Devils training gear at the Trafford centre after a game and they were absolute giants, there was no doubt about the gym work they'd put in and being hit by one of the them at full speed would have hospitalised a mere mouse like me.

As for punditry, I could name three awful football commentators for every Eorl Crabtree you can mention. 

Very ignorant Moody though I know you are only doing it to wind up the RL supporters.

I'm actually a Town fan Bubba and take my disabled father to most of the home games. He's been a fan since the 50's and regularly sponsors Town in one form or another

Just don't see the point in making statements which are wildly inaccurate and disrespectful as some people on this site like to do. As you say "disrespectful"

I am lost.

The crazy world of nuisance callers. From yesterday's Times

"A company that offered its customers protection against the deluge of nuisance calls has itself been fined £50,000 for making unsolicited, and in some cases threatening, calls to consumers. The Bournemouth-based company behind Stop the Calls offered people a call-blocking device to stop unwanted sales and marketing calls and also offered to remove people from a cold-calling database for £45 a year. However, Point One Marketing, previously known as Conservo Digital, was one of the most aggressive instigators of unsolicited marketing calls to promote its services."

1 person likes this

The crazy world of nuisance callers. From yesterday's Times

"A company that offered its customers protection against the deluge of nuisance calls has itself been fined £50,000 for making unsolicited, and in some cases threatening, calls to consumers. The Bournemouth-based company behind Stop the Calls offered people a call-blocking device to stop unwanted sales and marketing calls and also offered to remove people from a cold-calling database for £45 a year. However, Point One Marketing, previously known as Conservo Digital, was one of the most aggressive instigators of unsolicited marketing calls to promote its services."

Take note Alanis Morissette! I know it's your bete noire. Is Room 101 big enough for all the offenders one wonders. Might need to make use of Room 102.