Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Abbott

82 posts in this topic

That's the part of rugby that makes me wonder, really. Could they simply measure the players' BMIs, add them together and see what comes out tops rather than chop up a perfectly good football pitch finding out? Weighing 26 players will take less than 80 minutes too, making each game more intense and exciting for the fans.

That's the part of rugby that makes me wonder, really. Could they simply measure the players' BMIs, add them together and see what comes out tops rather than chop up a perfectly good football pitch finding out? Weighing 26 players will take less than 80 minutes too, making each game more intense and exciting for the fans.

just put the bus with the players on over a weighbridge, players disembark (waddle off) and you could have the result in seconds

In the new Shay's case it would be a waste of a pitch when it doesnt get used to its full potential for football.

In the new Shay's case it would be a waste of a pitch when it doesnt get used to its full potential for football.

Not sure which ground you refer to pal, but The Shay would be great if it were just a football pitch.

eddie warings "ton of rugby" comment.......

Still haven't paid all their rent by the way.

Why are they still here?

This isn't a few skipped payments, this is a prolonged p!ss take. Throw them out.

Still haven't paid all their rent by the way.

Why are they still here?

This isn't a few skipped payments, this is a prolonged p!ss take. Throw them out.

how much are they in arrears now?

Call me a bit thick ! But a team on a winning run (top four of div '2') should 9 Times out of 10 beat a team on a losing run (bottom 4 of div '1') regardless of which is full-time and which is part-time, or am I missing something ?

Aye, you've definitely got summat missing.

Aye, you've definitely got summat missing.

Rent is the only thing missing

Well it's nowt to do with skill and finesse that's for sure. There ain't any!

Have you ever played rugby? Professional rugby players are highly skilled elete athletes

You may not be a fan of rugby but perhaps you should focus on offering positive comments on shaymen

Whether a professional rugby or football player they can't be responsible for the actions of the inadequate officials who run the sports

Would love to see you running with a rugby ball towards Jamie peacock!

ladies and gentleman, i give you one of rugby league's highly skilled "elete" athletes:

FATTY_zpse5rusrfo.gif

-"elete" must mean "fat bastard".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very ignorant Moody though I know you are only doing it to wind up the RL supporters. 

if think that no9 is fat you must be a right skinny wimp.

a finely tuned elite athlete, if you please.....

ladies and gentleman, i give you one of rugby league's highly skilled "elete" athletes:

FATTY_zpse5rusrfo.gif

-"elete" must mean "fat bastard".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

Even if they're carrying a bit of timber, they're still fit enough to charge into 3 or 4 15 stone upwards blokes every couple of minutes. When you look at Super League the players there are unbelievably fit.

A lot of the players that I used to watch at Thrum Hall just wouldn't be able to compete nowadays. Some would have the skill but they wouldn't be able to cope with the pace

At one time, training in this country used to be made up of jogging round the pitch for a bit, chucking the ball around a little bit of tackling and then go to the pub (more time would be spent in the pub)

This day and age, the players are now on a par with the Aussies and Kiwi's, fitness wise.

Tough game played by (in the main) tough blokes.

No no, a lot of them are beefcakes and physically very fit, we can't deny them that, but then they open their gobs.

Has anyone ever heard Eorl Crabtree summarise on a game?

You will not see a better example of 'I think I sound intelligent but really I sound like a complete arse' sound-bite bullsh!t in your life. John Kear and rubber lips Noble do it, they all do it. Trying to make RL sound enthralling when very few people give a shiny sh!te.

At least with thick footballers you get what you expect, a grunt.

I like Jonathan Davies commentating on the tv games for 2 reasons. He was a great player and he gives you a good insight into the game and the second reason is that he actually gets excited when there's a decent bit of play/try is scored.

I think Brian Noble can be a bit reserved but it's obvious he loves the game. I know what you mean about Eorl Crabtree. Punditry is obviously not as easy, easy, easy as it looks. 

I like Jonathan Davies commentating on the tv games for 2 reasons. He was a great player and he gives you a good insight into the game and the second reason is that he actually gets excited when there's a decent bit of play/try is scored.

I think Brian Noble can be a bit reserved but it's obvious he loves the game. I know what you mean about Eorl Crabtree. Punditry is obviously not as easy, easy, easy as it looks. 

:) rather listen to Eorl than the cringeworthy Adrian Chiles.

Cas fans at Crabtree at shay other year...your'e just a fat Robby Savage......... :lol:

Even if they're carrying a bit of timber, they're still fit enough to charge into 3 or 4 15 stone upwards blokes every couple of minutes. When you look at Super League the players there are unbelievably fit.

A lot of the players that I used to watch at Thrum Hall just wouldn't be able to compete nowadays. Some would have the skill but they wouldn't be able to cope with the pace

At one time, training in this country used to be made up of jogging round the pitch for a bit, chucking the ball around a little bit of tackling and then go to the pub (more time would be spent in the pub)

This day and age, the players are now on a par with the Aussies and Kiwi's, fitness wise.

Tough game played by (in the main) tough blokes.

Really? You don't think that they would be fitter if they had the benefit of todays sports science?

Some would, but a lot wouldn't. The game has moved on a lot in terms of fitness and pace.

The games moved on light years re fitness and sports science and league players are some of the fittest sportsmen around. ibsee that fist hand as we get plenty of RL players at our gym in the close season