Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halifax Rlfc New Sponsor

28 posts in this topic

It seems to me that in the long run eventually a business which is selling products / services through Barter Card and is unable to spend all the points it accumulates on such products / services as it requires will eventually end up with what is effectively a bad debt as well as the costs that it has incurred in various fees.

It may well work for HRLFC and other clubs that they are sponsoring since they will simply be spending free points that Barter Card have given them in return for advertising on shirts etc. However if they are unable to find anything to spend the points on then they may have lost sponsorship income from an alternative source.

It may work for some businesses but you have the feeling that some businesses may also lose out.

I hope no local businesses that this is not suitable for get sucked into it.

there are some strange comments on their forum

And they still believe that we're jealous of what they've won, had internationals playing for them etc etc

As somebody who started watching town in 1961, I have never ever been jealous of the rugby club, different sport, never interested me, so no jealousy involved at all - and why would I be jealous of a minority sport - I'm jealous about Rochdale FC and their current position, having grown up with them playing us for many years

They bring up the jealousy thing I can only imagine because they think it will wind us up but talk about living in the past. Yes, they have a very rich history in what was once a more popular sport in the UK. They now have a very poor future in a game spoilt by the administrators which nobody in the country cares much about anymore.