Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halifax Rlfc New Sponsor

28 posts in this topic

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

You really could not make this up!! Fax have found the perfect shirt sponsor for next season!

'Bartercard'

I looked them up...............and fell off my chair when I got to the bit in bold.

Bartercard is a barter exchange founded in Australia in 1991.

Bartercard enables member businesses to exchange goods and services with other member businesses without using cash or cash equivalents, or having to engage in the direct two-way swap of goods and/or services.

Match made in heaven!

Hope Swift doesn't sign up and try selling off the Shay for a bottle of factor 10 suntan lotion.

I predict a long list of 'BARTERCARD' transaction suggestions involving Halifax RLFC on this thread..........................................

:shh:  :shh:  :shh:

Can Danger_Mouse lodge an FOI to publish all recent CMBC transactions using #bartercard?

Free entry for all fax fans to Halifax Town games on production of their 'BarterCard' at the gates!! In return fax will.........................erm................do absolutely jack shite.

Superb!

I wonder if this is worth more than Reactiv's £100k last season.

I wouldn't say it, but some with more suspicious minds may say this suggests they are struggling to get credit with some suppliers. :shh:

Oh my word... this is comedy gold that simply writes itself at the moment. Sheighbours had nothing on this!

Commercial Director Craig Poskitt added: “The Bartercard link-up is a fantastic strategic move for us. We need to engage with a huge number of suppliers to increase our Commercial partners and many of them can be found on the Bartercard network, this enables us to preserve our cash reserves for use elsewhere,"

Any suggestions?

Sorry, I just can't stop myself...

From my observations, there seems to be a culture within the UK’s Bartercard community of whacking prices up. (Probably in an attempt to compensate for the high service fees.) By way of example, I was aware that the Bartercard rep who sold membership to me was also a freelance Sales Consultant. I enquired how much his services were, as I was in need of such a service for my business. His quote was £50 per hour, which he stated was the going rate for hiring a Sales Consultant. He then added that if I wanted to pay for his services with my Bartercard, then his rate would go up to T£65 per hour.

http://www.4networking.biz/forum/ViewTopic/116717

Steal on the 'phone to CMBC:  Can I pay my rent please?  (I know it's not believable, but give me some scope here)

CMBC:  Of course, that's £4,500 please.

Steal:  My, that's a bit on the steep side.

CMBC: Well you did sign a legally binding document so say that's what you were happy to pay.

Steal:  (mumbles inaudibly) Well, we've signed up to a rather ingenious scheme where our sponsor gives us barter points, rather than going with Reactiv who gave us cold hard cash that's only accepted in 100% of shops nationwide.  Our new commercial director assured me this is far better for the club.  Do you accept Bartercard?

CMBC: Why yes, we do.

Steal: Excellent

CMBC: That'll be six thousand trade pounds please.

Steal:  Actually, maybe I'll just stop paying again...

Who are the directors of Bartercard anyone know?

I'll tell you but only in exchange for some magic beans.

# bartercard

Oh my word... this is comedy gold that simply writes itself at the moment. Sheighbours had nothing on this!

You know I don't like the animosity between the two sets of fans but their BOD really are the gift that keeps on giving!

Could they barter a dilapidated old unsafe stadium with a ludicrously sloping pitch for new modern one for free?

Oh sorry forgot about the lack of a score board and the fact that they painted a wall and some bogs when they first arrived.

Leaves them quids in.

Somewhat mixed reviews on them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=553929

It has that feeling of being something that will fall down like a pack of cards.

I wonder how much a club does on researching the background of a sponsor or does it simply not matter?

it has been shown many times that most clubs in most sports do not bother what sponsors backgrounds are as long as getting something out of it.

Ive a barter for the club.

Feck off out of the Shay for good.

In return, I'll help you pack!

Deal?

it has been shown many times that most clubs in most sports do not bother what sponsors backgrounds are as long as getting something out of it.

Perfect fit for Halifax RLFC.

Somewhat mixed reviews on them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=553929

It has that feeling of being something that will fall down like a pack of cards.

I wonder how much a club does on researching the background of a sponsor or does it simply not matter?

Wow some really disgruntled folk on that thread.

I'm going to email Steal and offer 400,000 Narnian pounds to sponsor the Fax v Bradford Bulls game. They can be spent in any land you enter via a magical wardrobe*

* Currency only valid during the reigns of the High Kings (Peter and Edmund) and High Queens (Susan and Lucy) of Narnia. Not valid in mythical lands entered via other means. May not be exchanged for cash values of other currencies.

Be interesting to know how the Frocks benefit from this sponsorship cos presumably it isn't in the form of ca$h?!!

Bravo Mr T Hall!

Bartercard enables member businesses to exchange goods and services with other member businesses without using cash or cash equivalents, or having to engage in the direct two-way swap of goods and/or service.

Sponsoring the rent ?

Post from RL forum

Whilst it's all a bit perplexing to me Bartercard have been sponsoring rugby league in Australia for while and been involved in a number of large events, I seem to remember them having large pitch logos for internationals so it does sound like they are high profile. Not sure how it benefits Fax as there is no money involved apparently but we can swap something or other.

It appears that they are as baffled as we are!

there are some strange comments on their forum

And they still believe that we're jealous of what they've won, had internationals playing for them etc etc

As somebody who started watching town in 1961, I have never ever been jealous of the rugby club, different sport, never interested me, so no jealousy involved at all - and why would I be jealous of a minority sport - I'm jealous about Rochdale FC and their current position, having grown up with them playing us for many years

Halifax John:-

""Fax join a reputable list of teams, including Hull F.C, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton Wanderers and Charlton Athletic all of whom have Bartercard as a sponsor, Last year £40m was traded on Bartercard in the UK."

Part of the statement by Barter Card which the rabid Luddites choose to ignore.

I wonder if they print similar comments about their fellow "football" clubs.

I personally can't see the point of trying to look at their forums, they are a set of loud mouthed barrack room lawyers best suited to a sport where the majority of supporters, players, managers and certainly chairmen are quite frankly gutter snipes."

You couldn't make this shite up!!!

You couldn't make this shite up!!!

That's the scary thing - he must be a real person!