Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halifax V Dewsbury

53 posts in this topic

Did the turnstiles malfunction after yesterdays town match. Because today they are saying only 1371 turned up to watch a massive play off game, can't be right.

Did the turnstiles malfunction after yesterdays town match. Because today they are saying only 1371 turned up to watch a massive play off game, can't be right.

This is a rugby town and upwards of 15,000 were there

That's probably higher than their normal attendance but this time they weren't able to add absent season ticket holders to make it look half respectable.

Good job only 1371 turned up as they would have been very upset at the total lack of commitment and sincerity of the player for cheating the paying fans

the result was the point - pointless halifax rlfc

0-25.

No point.

It's ok though, under the RL play-off system, if the Halifax kitman can win a cuddly toy on the grab machines on Blackpool Central pier, they get another crack at it.

Does that 1371 include away fans?

1519 - 68 away yesterday for us in an unattractive game.

1371 - away today in a playoff against a team just down the road (I assume they would bring a few over?)

#rugbytown

I have a friend who is a Dewsbury Rams fan. He informed me that the Dewsbury players had foregone their bonuses from the last game to pay for 2 official coaches for the fans. Im guessing a minimum of 100 rams fans made the trip over today. Clearly a rugby town if that was the crowd...

Come on stasi pants was on the central pier thrs night and I could not win a cuddly bear not easy.

This is a rugby town and upwards of 15,000 were there

I bet it seemed a much fatter crowd ;) just saying

They don't seem happy on the rugby forum that we are not in floods of tears about their defeat today. Had they had to put up with the p!ss taking and absolute glee from their fans when town went bust that I had to put up with at work they perhaps might understand why some of us feel the way we do. That of course was after they did the dirty on us with the move from Thrum Hall and before their backing of Abbott when he attempted to pinch the ground from under us.

Ha! We're being watched!!!

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=574786

They don't seem happy on the rugby forum that we are not in floods of tears about their defeat today. Had they had to put up with the p!ss taking and absolute glee from their fans when town went bust that I had to put up with at work they perhaps might understand why some of us feel the way we do. That of course was after they did the dirty on us with the move from Thrum Hall and before their backing of Abbott when he attempted to pinch the ground from under us.

Yep. They still don't get it.

They've got nothing else to do on there,

I used to have a season ticket for the rugby, went to every home game before this stupid franchise rubbish, not been for a few years, not into paying £18 a week to watch what is effectively a friendly. 

and quite clearly another 800 that used to go have followed suit too. 

GFB wrote:-

"Ive said on there and on here that the cubs do need to work together in some areas, especially when it comes to pushing the council to make better use of the Shay. That is a must but with relationships at an all time low you have to question if that can ever happen."

And where do you think the blame lies for the state of this relationship?

approx 250 from over road at Dewsbury

There were more than that i'd say nearer 400.There were more Dewsbury fans there than i've ever seen ......at Dewsbury.

Based on my extensive shay experience i would say the crowd was around 1800.The published

RL gates are often bent particularly on shared gates.Fev did the same last week.

GFB wrote:-

"Ive said on there and on here that the cubs do need to work together in some areas, especially when it comes to pushing the council to make better use of the Shay. That is a must but with relationships at an all time low you have to question if that can ever happen."

And where do you think the blame lies for the state of this relationship?

The fact that you obviously think everything is Halifax RLFC's fault just proves to me how hard it is going to be for the two teams ever to have any sort of decent relationship at all in the future.

When I speak of relationships I speak going back years and years not just the reactiv debacle.

So do I! To a time when they turned up empty handed, changed the name of the ground, changed locks on doors, & generally treated the football club like shite.

And do you think Steele's actions are those of a man trying to mend relations?

And do you think Steele's actions are those of a man trying to mend relations?

Ive never said they were. Its a two way thing, I could cite a couple of people I know been owed money by the old football club and them struggling because of it as one of the reasons I could dislike town and I could tell people that to influence what they are thinking. I do not do that though because its pointless and a waste of time, stuff like that should be put in the past but both sets of supporters do not want to do that and that adds to relationships been difficult to build.